Candy Cap Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 6
Preparation Time: 1:45
- 18 Oz. heavy cream
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. candy caps, dried
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3/8 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Ea. Whole Eggs
- 2 Ea. egg yolks
- 3/4 Tsp. vanilla extract, pure
- 1/2 Loaf brioche (standard Pullman size) -- cubed
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. currants
- 1 1/4 Tsp. Maple syrup (if needed)
- Scald cream and infuse candy caps for 1 hour. Taste to see if further time is necessary. Need maple syrup?
- Add sugars, salt, and vanilla to infused cream.
- Temper cream to eggs.
- Strain through chinois.
- Place cubed bread, raisins, and currants in a hotel pan. Pour custard over. Press down to evenly coat everything. Cover with foil.
- Place pudding in a 4" full-size hotel pan and add water half way up the sides.
- Bake at 350 for one hour, rotating once.
- Take foil off and cook additional 8-10 minutes to slightly brown.